Almost everyone could use an extra $100. If you’re wondering how to make 100 dollars fast, there are several easy and quick ways you can try right now. Even if you don’t need it for bills, you can stick it away in a rainy day fund or an emergency fund for greater peace of mind.
Online Ways to Make 100 Dollars Fast
The online world is full of dozens of different ways to make $100 fast, and we picked the top few ways for you to look at.
- Survey Junkie – You can use Survey Junkie to make money from the comfort of your own home. You’ll take several surveys to help various retailers refine their products and come up with better alternatives. Each survey will earn you a set amount of points, and you can turn these points into e-gift cards or redeem them through PayPal. You get a 25 point bonus just for opening an account, and you can take surveys from anywhere.
- Swagbucks – For anyone who shops online, Swagbucks is a great way to earn extra cash. There are over 1,500 retailers currently participating including Amazon and Starbucks. When you shop using Swagbucks, you’ll earn points for each dollar you spend at the participating retailers. It gives you the option of redeeming the points you earn through PayPal or for various gift certificates.
- Ebates – When you shop online at one of the 2,000 stores that Ebates supports, you’ll get vouchers, coupons, and cash back options up to 4%. You can shop directly from the Ebates website or through their app, and it gives you a $10 bonus for opening an account. Ebates will send you a PayPal payment at the end of each quarter that you can use however you see fit.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk – Amazon’s Mechanical Turk site will pay you so much money to perform certain simple tasks. They range from answering surveys to transcribing various dictated reports, and the amount of money you earn goes up by the project difficulty level. There are thousands of projects to pick from, and you get paid to PayPal.
- Etsy – If you’re a crafty person, Etsy is one site you want to check out. Etsy is like a huge craft vendor store, and you can set up your own virtual store to showcase your creations. Currently, you can buy anything from woodworking projects, clothing, jewelry, fancy soap, quilts, and much more. If you can make it, chances are you can sell it on Etsy for a decent amount of money.
- Content Mills – Do you like to write? If so, content mill companies will act as a broker between you and people who need content. You can write the content for them, they accept it, and you get paid. The payments come weekly to your PayPal, and there’s no limit on how much or how little you can earn. It all depends on how motivated you are.
Cut Expenses to Make 100 Dollars Fast
No one likes to think about cutting expenses, but there are several alternatives that can save you money and ensure that you don’t miss out on anything.
- Cell Phone – Your phone bill can easily cost you upwards of $100 per month, and you most likely don’t use all of the features it comes with. But, these days you do need a cell phone to stay in contact with people, and companies like Republic Wireless give you reliable coverage at a quarter of the cost of most cell phone plans. Even better, there are no contracts!
- Cable – Do you really need over 300 channels to entertain yourself? Chances are, you only watch 10 or 15 regularly, and this can cost you a lot of money each month. You can cancel your cable and downsize to media companies like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime. You’ll still get your favorite TV shows and movies, but they only cost around $30 per month.
- Unused Subscriptions – Maybe you bought a gym membership once upon a time and you forgot about it, or maybe you bought a subscription to a magazine that you never read. These small expenses can cost you a lot of money, but Trim can help. It can negotiate lower bills and comb through your history to find old or unused subscriptions and cancel them.
- Small Everyday Purchases – Someone who buys a small $4 coffee five days a week can spend upwards of $80 per month, and that’s just on a single small purchase alone! The Mint app will help you keep track of exactly how much you’re spending, and it can help you trim down your purchases very fast. It may be a shock to see how much you’re spending at first.
- Bike or Walk – This may not be possible if you live in a rural area, but biking or walking to work can save you big on transportation expenses. You don’t have to do it for every trip, but even doing it for one or two trips or combining trips may help you save a significant amount. If you can’t, ask a friend or family member if they’d like to carpool with you. This can add up quickly.
- Eat In Instead of Dining Out – How many times do you dine out or get takeaway each month? On average, you can spend between $10 and $20 per meal when you eat out or get takeaway. If you multiply this by just 10 times a month (twice a week), you’re spending between $100 and $200. You can buy bulk groceries and freeze any excess to pull out and make a few times a week.
Freelancing to Make 100 Dollars Fast
- Mowing Lawns – During the summertime, there are dozens of people who can’t or simply don’t want to mow their own lawns. If you have a lawnmower, you can head over to their houses and offer to mow their lawn for a $20 to $25. You can easily make $100 per day doing this depending on the size of the lawn and how many obstacles you’ll have to maneuver around.
- Shovel Snow or Snowplow – If you have a truck with a plow or a shovel and a good back, you can shovel snow or snowplow in the winter months if you get snow. If you have a neighborhood with a lot of older people, you can most likely go right down the line and offer at every house. A snowplow is an even quicker option to help you earn money fast.
- Translation Services – If you’re fluent in a second or third language, you can try getting a translating job at TranslatorsCafe.com. All you have to do is sign up and upload your resume with your rates. Potential clients will look at your profile and pick you if you have the ability to translate or interpret fluently in the language they need. Because you set your own rates, this can be lucrative.
- Writing and Giving Speeches – Most people hate public speaking in any way, shape, or form. If you’re good at writing, there are dozens of people who would pay you to write their speeches for them. Also, if you’re very knowledgeable about a professional topic, there are several businesses that will hire you to go out and speak at certain events.
- Uber – Although the pay does vary from city to city, on average, Uber drivers make around $10 per hour. The beauty of Uber is that you get to set your own schedule and work at times that are convenient for you. You could work for a few hours each day and make more than your targeted $100, and there are no contracts or fees for doing so.
- Task Rabbit – For anyone who lives in a larger city, Task Rabbit is a quick and easy way to make money. You big on various odd jobs that people are unwilling or unable to do like picking up their dry cleaning, doing laundry, babysitting, pet sitting, or food shopping. These quick small jobs can build up very fast, and you can choose which jobs appeal to you and which don’t.
Downsize to Make 100 Dollars Fast
- Pawn Shops – Pawn shops are a ridiculously fast and easy way to get money in a pinch. They take a variety of items ranging from jewelry to electronics to furniture and clothing. You can opt to sell your items outright or pawn them for a loan. You can walk in and walk out in less than an hour with your $100 or more depending on what items you choose to pawn.
- Poshmark – Do you have a lot of clothing laying around that you don’t wear anymore but you can’t bear to throw away? You can resell it quickly and easily using Poshmark. You’ll upload pictures of your clothes to your virtual closet along with the prices, brand, a small blurb about the item, and sizes. People can buy them, and the money will go into your PayPal.
- CampusBooks – A lot of people have old textbooks lying around from college that they didn’t want to sell back to the college for a quarter of what they originally paid for them. CampusBooks will search through dozens of buyback companies to find you the best prices for your old textbooks. They also send you a free shipping label, so any money that you earn is yours to keep.
- Letgo – If you want a quick and easy way to downsize your items, Letgo is one app you don’t want to skip. Whether you have larger household items like furniture, bedding, or cabinets, or you have smaller items, Letgo lets you sell them all. it’s like a virtual garage sale and people can contact you through the app to arrange pickup and talk about prices.
- eBay – For auction sites, eBay is one people go to again and again. All you do is create an account and upload the items you want to sell. You can put time restrictions on them as well as price increases. People can then bid on your item, or you can add the option to let them buy it outright for a certain price. Clothing, figurines, jewelry, and toys, eBay does it all.
- Gone – This app lets you sell your things without leaving your home. You download the app and take a picture of the item you want to sell. A Gone representative will tell you how much they’re willing to pay for your item, and they’ll send you a box to ship it in. If you live in the San Diego area, they’ll send someone to your door to get the item.
Invest to Make 100 Dollars Fast
- Acorns – This site will pay you $5 to invest $1. This works out to around a 500% return rate, and Acorns comes with other perks. You can opt into their roundup and found money features that let you get free cash back and promotions at places you already shop at. You can take this money and invest it back into Acorns for more savings.
- Betterment – For anyone who is leery about investing because they don’t have a lot of money or they have very little financial knowledge, Betterment is a good starting point. For just $5, you can start investing, and there is no minimum amount. You’ll also enjoy very low fees, and they’ll help you build and manage your investment portfolio.
- Blooom – Things like 401ks, 403bs, or TSPs can bleed hundreds of dollars each year in miscellaneous fees because of poor fund picks. Blooom will automatically analyze everything that’s in your retirement account and help you streamline the entire saving process. The 100 dollars you save today could turn into thousands of dollars over the years.
If you’d like more information about how to make 100 dollars fast, contact us. Our friendly and professional staff are more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.