When times are rough, many people turn to their items and possessions to see what they can make money off of by selling. One place people go is to the pawn shop, either to pawn their belongings, in hopes of buying it back one day, or to completely sell the products for more money. If you’re looking to try your luck, here are some ideas on things to pawn:
- Electronics: Technology and gadgets are big hits. Newer models are usually sold quickly, for those looking for the object at a discount price. Classics that may be discontinued can be a collector’s dream, and may yield a nice seller value. You can pawn your computer, printer, MP3 player, video game console, television, phones, and more.
- Jewelry: This is an obvious choice for many people looking to make some quick money. Old jewelry lying around the house is usually the first thing to go to a pawn shop. Gold’s value is at an all time high per ounce, so gather your necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings. Had a broken engagement or a divorce? Wedding bands and engagement rings are well accepted.Precious jewels will also get you top dollar.
- Musical Instruments: Although it might seem odd, musical instruments are often found in a pawn shop. Drums and guitars are of course popular items, but you can also find trumpets, flutes, violins, and tubas at your local pawn shop. Most of them are in pretty good condition too.
- Power Tools: Many mechanics go to the local pawn shop to find a decent set of power tools. Your much needed drills, hammers, saws will be available, and even manual tools like screwdrivers, nutdrivers and wrenches are sold to pawn shops.
- Sports Equipment: Athletic teams and leagues can find great sporting equipment at a pawn shop. People sell their cardio machines like treadmills, ellipticals, and stationary bikes for good money. You can also find machines that pass footballs and spew out baseballs for practice. Those who have organizers and storage lockers can also pawn or sell them in the shop.
If you have some of these things laying around, collecting dust, and you need some extra cash, you should check out Monte de Piedad®. Learn more about the best things to pawn, continue reading full article here.